Deepening Presence: Mindfulness as a Way of Life
THIS COURSE IS NOW OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
COURSE BEGINS JANUARY 25, 2017
Open to anyone who has taken MBSR or MIndfulness & Psychotherapy.
Instructor: Stephanie Swann, PhD, LCSW
Course Tuition: 625.00
Wednesday Evenings: 6:00pm - 8:30pm
675 Seminole Avenue, Suite 103. Atlanta, GA. 30307
This course will meet 8 consecutive weeks: January 25 - March 15, 2017
This small group-class will focus on mindfulness meditation practice and exploration of our current lives with the intention of deepening presence in all aspects of life, our own internal world, our interpersonal relationships, and our interaction with the world at large.
We will support each other in exploring how each moment in our lives offers an opening into mindfulness. Furthermore, we will examine together ways in which our perceptions, stories, identities, and other hindrances create barriers to our peace of mind and happiness. We will have the opportunity to be present with our self and others as we build and strengthen our mindful community.
The class will be a combination of meditation, dialogue, and journaling. There will be 45 minutes of meditation homework each day along with short periods of journaling.
It will be very important that participants have a committed daily meditation practice as what emerges in practice will be the grounds for discussion. The group will be small and open to 10 individuals.
In order to be considered for this group, please call 404.906.1862.
What to expect:
- The chance to explore the relationship between concentration meditation and mindfulness, and to look at the way these two practices support each other and enhance presence and well-being
- The opportunity to experience guided choiceless awareness practice and increase your understanding of this important practice
- The chance to deepen your awareness of how mindfulness is currently a part of your everyday life
- The opportunity to examine where barriers to peace and well-being are showing up in your current interpersonal relationships and broader life
- The opportunity to build relationships around mindful practice
**Please be aware of our cancellation policy. You are eligible for a full refund minus a 50.00 service fee up until 14 days prior to the course start. If cancellation occurs with less than 14 days you are entitled to a 50% refund. Once the class begins there is no refunding of registration fees